Thank you to everyone who joined us recently for our webinar on fuel poverty and the BHBH service in Buckinghamshire. The webinar was run by Joanna Higson who is a Project Officer at the National Energy Foundation. We are very grateful for her time and for giving us so much useful information.
The webinar covered the following:
- The causes of fuel poverty – energy costs, household income, poor energy efficiency
- The effects of living in fuel poverty – the cold can exacerbate respiratory or circulatory health conditions and have a negative effect on mental health. In the long-term fuel poverty can cause damage to properties because mould and condensation are more likely to develop in cold properties.
- The most vulnerable groups at risk and how to identify them.
- The services and interventions available to support people.
The National Energy Foundation’s Better Housing Better Health service offers a freephone helpline 0800 107 0044 for Buckinghamshire residents. The team can provide:
- Energy saving advice
- Free home energy visits
- Grant funding towards energy measures
- Grant funding towards energy bills/ debts
- Signposting and referrals to other services
If your organisation would like a supply of leaflets about the Better Housing Better Health service please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Here is what Maria Simeou, Programmes Officer – Crisis Funds, at Heart of Bucks said about the webinar:
‘Thank you very much for the information and for hosting a great webinar yesterday. Thank you also to Joanna as the presentation was very helpful and informative and will help me signpost more effectively.’
Please keep an eye on our events page for further online and in person events.