Bucks’ SEND Local Offer
The Buckinghamshire SEND Local Offer brings together a wealth of information about SEND provision across the county for children and young people aged 0-25 years. The Bucks SEND Local Offer has been developed with parents, carers, young people, and professionals and the input from all these people helps us to keep it up to date and relevant. We are in full support of the council’s effort and would like to share some more information about the SEND local offer.
The local offer sets out the support available in Buckinghamshire for children and young people aged 0 to 25 with SEND. This includes children and young people with or without an education, health and care (EHC) plan.
The offer aims to:
- provide clear, accessible information about available services and support
- ensure that young people with SEND, and their parents and carers, are listened to when local services are developed and reviewed
Bucks SEND local offer: activities and organisations
With the SEND local offer, those in need can easily find activities to get involved in and organisations across the community that may be of help.
Here are just some examples of the activities happening recently:
Buckinghamshire Council: New family information service website
Buckinghamshire’s Family Information Service also has a brand-new website and directory making it even easier for families, parents to be, children and young people aged 0-19 (or up to 25 with a special educational need or disability) to find local support, activities, and childcare.
The new website not only has a new look and feel but lots of the latest information from the team and experts within the council.
Find out more about:
- support and inclusive activities if your child has SEND (SEND Local Offer)
- support available to help with issues affecting your family
- what’s on at family centres
- things to do and holiday activities
- childcare and early years providers
Services, organisations and activity providers can sign up to create an account and add free listings within the directory.