We are always delighted to be invited to visit the many amazing organisations working to support young people in Buckinghamshire and recently visited the Aylesbury Youth Motor Project, which fully supports the ‘Every Child Matters’ initiative and offers educational and vocational skills.
- Training and practical skills
- Educational support
- Exciting and challenging opportunities
- Safe driving and riding opportunities
- The chance to become a safer, more responsible road user
- An opportunity for young people to make a positive contribution
- Enjoyment and achievement for economic wellbeing
- Healthy lifestyle choices
Robin Walker, Chair of Trustees, The Clare Foundation:
“It was a fantastic opportunity for Martin Gallagher (CEO) and I to visit the Aylesbury Youth Motor Project. As a motor enthusiast it was truly enjoyable to see all the young people learning about cars and motorcycles from the skilled mechanics in the garage. Also, to have the opportunity to speak with both them and the mechanics who were teaching them new skills.
The project helps youngsters develop a passion and skill for something even when the conventional education system may be failing them. It was a pleasure to meet Rob Shirley, the Project Manager, and understand how the project is maintained and delivered”.