Supporting the Oasis Partnership on launching their Bagnall Centre Project
The Oasis Partnership is a charity that provides high quality social and psychological support services to improve health and wellbeing in Buckinghamshire. They are probably best known for their work in partnership with the NHS and many different organisations, aiming to help individuals to address substance misuse problems and get their lives back on track.
The Oasis Partnership have recently changed their charitable objects and are expanding their service provision to focus on providing training, employability and education courses to people in Buckinghamshire. They’ll also deliver a wide variety of wellbeing and community enhancement projects. The catalyst to this change is the launch of their new Bagnall Centre Project.
The Clare Foundation are delighted to have been able to support with the launch by providing funding, and through our involvement in the Volunteer Matching service we are able to support with the recruitment of volunteers.
Martin Gallagher, CEO of The Clare Foundation says, “The OASIS Partnership is one of those charities that are greatly involved in the wider community; we are delighted to partner with them to bring this worthy programme to life as a pilot, with the potential to replicate this in other parts of the county in late 2021 – 2022.”
The Bagnall Centre is an iconic building in South Bucks sited in a former printing press, it occupies a prime location at Waterside, in the heart of Chesham. This community space will help the Oasis Partnership develop and deliver a whole raft of face to face and virtual support. There are also meeting rooms, a training kitchen and an assembly hall which can be hired by community groups and members of the public.
The Bagnall Centre building is Covid friendly, with all the safety measures in place, to allow Oasis to support the community within government guidelines.
The following services will be available from the Oasis Partnership:
- Employment support – You may be worried about redundancy or in the process of moving from a place of employment
- Benefit support – Are you receiving what you might be entitled to? We can advise on any extra support that you may not have tapped into yet.
- Housing enquiries – Do you have any concerns about your current situation, has Covid caused payment problems or worries for you?
- Training or upskilling support – Now may be the time for you to be thinking about what you could be doing? Is there an opportunity for me at these uncertain times?
- Confidence support to start moving forward towards employment; it could be that you want to build up your I.T. skills, prepare your CV, put together a personal statement? We can help with whatever you need.
- Networking, this is something we are excellent at, finding the right people who can support you.
Following the recent news of a second lockdown, they are really pleased to be able to offer an online art session starting Monday 16th November, for 5 weeks, ending on Monday 14th December. For more information and to register your interest please email email@example.com.
The sessions will be held every Monday from 10.30am until 12.30pm, using the TEAMS platform. Starting Monday 16th November, for 5 weeks, ending on Monday 14th December.
If you know of anyone who would benefit, or you would like to arrange a visit to come and look around the facilities or just have an informal chat, please contact:
The Bagnall Project, 71-79 Waterside, Chesham, HP5 1PE firstname.lastname@example.org