Development Programme – Strong Leadership in Uncertain Times
This pro-bono* training programme led by Fran Borg-Wheeler aims to help upskill middle leaders on the key skills they will need as they face challenging times.
In particular, the programme will focus on: how to build a healthy team culture, handle difficult conversations, enhance listening skills and develop resourcefulness during times of uncertainty.
With a small group of just 15 participants, the programme aims to be confidential and interactive, allowing participants to share lessons learnt from their successes and their “failures”. Through this mechanism, not only will they learn from their tutor but also from each other’s experiences.
Sessions will run on consecutive Wednesdays in September from 9am – 10.30am. First session 9th September and final session, 30th September. Please see below details of each session.
There will be an optional assignment at the end of each session for which you can receive feedback from Fran.
Attend all sessions and receive a certificate of achievement!
Fran Borg-Wheeler is the Founding Director of Heart Centred Leaders. Via leadership coaching and charity consultancy, her mission is to empower leaders and their teams to become more impactful whilst taking better care of themselves. She has worked in the charity sector for 30 years supporting vulnerable and disadvantaged clients.
Most recently Fran was CEO of Youth Concern, in Aylesbury. Thirteen years in the role enabled her to learn a) how to build and nurture a happy, high performing team and b) how to communicate powerfully focussing on presence, connection, influence and impact.
Through this course she will support you to see your true potential as an impactful leader to maintain healthy, high performing teams and to devise creative solutions to current challenges
Criteria for Attendance
Hold a middle leadership role within your organisation. This does not have to mean you manage staff but you do have a key role in strategy development at an operational level or equivalent.
- A not-for-profit organisation, ideally a registered charity
- The organisation must have Buckinghamshire based beneficiaries
- Not a religious / political organisation or social enterprise
- Rest and Reflect at LindengateRest & Reflect at Lindengate Our Charity Services Manager, Helen Mee recently visited Lindengate […]
- Middle Leader Forum: Building a better social media presenceVicky White is the founder of Vicky White Communications, a marketing agency in High Wycombe, Bucks […]
- Supporting Aylesbury Kindness WaveAylesbury Kindness Wave – delivering love and comfort wrapped in a parcel The Kindness […]
9th September, 9 – 10.30 – Building a Healthy Team Culture
- Building a co-operative culture
- Supporting and inspiring a team
- Creating a resilient team
16th September, 9 – 10.30 – Handling Difficult Conversations
- The Foundations of dealing well with difficult conversations
- Dealing with challenging staff situations: performance, behaviour and motivation issues.
- Dealing with complaints and grievances
23rd September, 9 – 10.30 – Listening Skills
- What are advanced active listening skills?
- The benefits for you, colleagues, beneficiaries/clients
- The barriers
- Assessment + self-assessment
30th September, 9 – 10.30 – Resourcefulness at times of uncertainty
- Power of a compelling Vision combined with strategic thinking
- Mindset : courage or risk ?
- Optimise skills within team /diversity
- Good practice examples + innovation (does it have to take a crisis?)
- Innovation in practice: Test -review- tweak-repeat
*These sessions are free of charge if you attend all four sessions. If you cannot attend a session, then there will be a charge of £50/session missed that will be invoiced to your organisation. Cancellation without penalty can be made up until 25th August (end of day).